- What We Do
- Impact Capital
- Project Finance
- Renewable Energy
- Where We Work
In3 Services — What We Offer
We provide impact financing, investment facilitation and business development services to growing US and international companies. We recommend you begin with an honest, self-appraisal to assist with figuring out the best way forward. Use our Project Investment Readiness Assessment (PIRA) — it takes only 10-15 minutes and has received rave reviews.
Overview of In3 Services (click on a topic to learn more):
- Raising Money: We help you qualify for the best possible loan terms and valuations, greatly increase the probability of a successful infusion, and reduce the time it takes. About impact funding, FAQ, our client history.
- Loan Origination: As a designated loan originator with respected industry credentials (we’re certified by Moody’s Analytics), we work closely with development finance institutions and impact investment funds to help you win their support while avoiding “blind alleys” along the way … let us do the heavy lifting. Start by obtaining your “bankability score” here; it’s fast and free.
- Risk Mitigation: We bring fresh perspective and non-judgmental advocacy for presenting your deal with issues handled, strengths apparent, and finance well justified. Most risks are just lack of having an effective mitigation plan.
- Strategic Advisory: For planning, developing and financing your project or venture, with years of experience and track record of success with advising startups, governments, and established companies.
- Coaching & Education: Workshop leaders since 1985, and certified in coaching and facilitation, we bring expertise in both subject matter and learning strategies, making our programs an invaluable investment. We also bring workplace diplomacy, team development and communication expertise; if you’re having trouble in this regard, visit Daniel Robin & Associates.
We prefer to partner with our client companies and work in collaboration, and would be happy to discuss your situation after you’ve explored this website’s tools and information FAQ or reviewed how to qualify for project finance. long history of success working with clients that have used these services, you can benefit, too.
Raising Impact Capital: We advise and assist project teams, developers, and investment partners/sponsors to obtain cost-effective capital, mostly for doing business outside the United States. We specialize in using a “layered” approach to raising impact capital, involving multiple financing sources, to achieve project goals. See also, related article on impact funding. Since 1996, In3 has partnered with clients in diverse industries to help them raise money for operations in the US as well as in emerging markets and developing economies.
The main capital that we have obtained for clients in the current economy (since 2008) is low-APR term loans (3-20 years), for up to $250 million.
We maintain an active network of both public and private sources, with an average loan size of $6 million and 9 year loan tenors. Our clients are mostly in renewable energy (solar, wind, small-scale hydro), renewable resources (agriculture, agroforestry, water), waste conversion (bioenergy, biofuels, biochar), industrial biomaterials (fabrics, textiles, specialty ‘green’ chemicals), health & sustainability.
The most attractive terms can be obtained for senior debt by US companies — or overseas companies with US ties — doing business in emerging markets and developing economies. See list.
Loan Origination: We help determine the best options for loans in these markets, then assist with preparing the loan documents, including any necessary financial modeling, business plans, loan application forms, and other materials requiring analysis and clear/concise communication. In general, expansion capital (when the operating company has been in business 3 or more years) is most affordable, as are projects involving renovation, refurbishment, or retrofits (such as for energy efficiency). We also work with startup or “greenfield” projects, cross-border joint venture partnerships … any team seeking project finance from development banks and/or private impact investors. We also offer deal syndication (multiple concurrent investors) for industries and projects in host countries where we have the most experience. Loan terms typically offer attractive, market rates of interest, and customary financing costs and fees borne by the borrower.
After completing a fast and easy self-assessment, feel free to ask us for an estimate of costs and timeframes. Refer also to our industry Sweet Spot, Frequently Asked Questions, or a summary of How to Qualify for development finance loans.
Risk Mitigation: We systematically de-risk your investment opportunity using a variety of mitigation strategies including careful planning & analysis, risk insurance, credit enhancement (such as loan guarantees), and other tools based on industry standards applied to your unique situation.
Strategic Advisory for planning, developing and financing: Business plan critique and development, financial model reviews, and assistance with meeting lender requirements are also available. Our advisory services are usually arranged as a package within a tightly-defined scope of work, and would typically include one or more of the following
- Capital formation strategy – identify and pre-qualify the optimal source(s) of private or institutional debt finance, sometimes supplemented by private equity investments, subordinated debt, or other forms. Start by using our Project Investment Readiness Assessment (PIRA), then evaluate your options.
- Business planning – we can help develop or polish your project business plan (quite different than a venture investment business plan; review the differences), to ensure that your proposed project meets the with success. If you already have a project business plan, we also offer effective review or critique, once the capital sources(s) have been identified.
- Project financial model and cash flow analysis and ratio requirements review
- Transaction de-risking – Risk analysis and mitigation solutions such as loan guarantees or, pledges of collateral, credit enhancement, and for some projects, evaluate the need for available risk insurance
- Management team qualifications (resume/CV) review; identify how to present any gaps
- Structuring transactions, including coordinating with attorneys, accountants and other professionals
- Project search/selection/development: Not yet clear about the project itself? Elements or partners missing? Issues that need to be resolved before proceeding? Ask us for confidential consultation.
- Pre-qualification project evaluation prior to application — assess the degree of fit prior to making a contractual commitment.
- Preparation of documentation — executive summary and presentations, including coaching on delivery, to obtain financing.
Be sure to review our process for a quick overview of how we work. We bring expertise in renewables, clean technology and health-related industries that deliver strong social/environmental impacts, and stand ready to assist you with moving through the exacting process of obtaining project finance or equity partners. We have a stellar track record, with consistently high rate of acceptance through careful screening and attention to details.
Coaching & Education Since 1985, In3 principals have delivered hundreds of workshops and seminars for thousands of professionals in the US and internationally (see Daniel Robin & Associates). We also provide individual coaching and group facilitation services that management teams find quite useful. Today we offer programs that clarify and inspire, focus on innovation for sustainability, investing/fundraising, entrepreneurship, management, strategy, effective team communication and more. Review our educational services overview and ask us about your specific issues, goals or learning objectives.